Title: Kampala . Lake Mburo . Bwindi . Queen Elizabeth . Kampala –
5 days/4 nights
Day 1: Drive Kampala to Lake Mburo National Park.
Morning pick up at either the Entebbe International Airport or at your Kampala Hotel.Head southwest to Lake Mburo National Park. On our way you pass the Ugandan Equator. As you enter the park you may spot some wildlife, like impalas, topis, warthogs, zebras and buffalo. Check in at the Mantana Tented Camp and have lunch. Go for a boat ride on the lake and enjoy the rich bird life and the hippos. Overnight at the Mantana Tented Camp. Lunch and dinner.
Day 2: Drive Lake Mburo to Bwindi National Park (4-5 hrs)
Early start of the day as you go for a nature walk guided by a ranger. Lake Mburo is the only national Park in Uganda where you can experience a safari on foot. Return the Mantana Tented Camp for breakfast with a game drive. Drive to Bwindi National Park, home of the endangered mountain gorillas. Check in at the Engagi Lodge. Overnight at the Lodge. Full board.
Day 3: Gorilla tracking at Bwindi National Park
Breakfast. Commence the Tracking Expedition. Be prepared to walk for a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain, before you encounter the Gorillas.
However, it is all worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest.
This is a unique and unforgettable experience. Afternoon at leisure at the Lodge.
Overnight at Engagi Lodge. Full board
Day 4: Drive from Bwindi to the Queen Elizabeth National Park. Breakfast at the Lodge. Depart for Queen Elizabeth National Park. This scenic drive runs through a verdant countryside while you pass traditional homesteads and farms.
In the afternoon take on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, a natural channel between Lake Edward and Lake George. There is abundant birdlife here and also elephants, buffalo and hundreds of hippos cooling off at the shores!
Overnight at Ihamba Safari Lodge. Full board.
Day 5: Game drive + drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park to Entebbe Airport
Take the morning game drive and head to the mating ground of the Uganda Kobs. Search for lions, elephants, buffalo and other wild animals in their natural habitat. Later, drive to Kampala and onto the Entebbe Airport for your international flight. Breakfast and lunch.
|No of clients||High season||Low season||Single room supplement|
Safari Cost (based on 2 travelers sharing double room)
Note: Prices available for single travelers and discounts for 4 or more.
- High season runs from 2nd January to 31st March; 1st June to 30th June
& 1st December to 20th December
- Low season runs from 1st April to 31st May & 1st November to 30th November
- Ground transport using a private safari converted minivan.
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide.
- Accommodation as outlined in the itinerary.
- Full board on safari (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled water during the time in our vehicle on safari.
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks.
- Activities as described
- Gorilla Tracking Permit on Day 3.
- Mentioned packed lunches.
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance – recommended
- Personal Expenses and meals not mentioned
- Tips for Driver/Guide etc
- Items not mentioned as included