We are pleased to offer Travel Insurance from Travel Guard, Chartis.
We strongly recommend Travel Insurance.
The actual cost depends on the cost of the trip; for a typical trip costing $1600 per person the premium for the Comprehensive Plan would be $129 per person. As of this writing, the Comprehensive Plan is only available to North American residents and only to those who have purchased their travel from us.
Our Agents will discuss your options with you.
WHY BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Nearly all trips run without incident of course but the following is a summary of some of the claims which have paid over the years.
TRIP COST TRIP CANCELLATION & INTERRUPTION
- Client cancelled trip due to sudden death of sister
- Client cancelled trip due to appendix of 14 year old daughter
- 78 year old female injured in a car accident prior to trip. Doctor advised her not to travel due to injuries sustained.
- A 75 year old female fell on stairs suffered three fractured ribs, missed a tour and had to take a cab to catch up to group – costs incurred for travel delay, trip interruption and medical expenses.
- Baggage was damaged by the airlines .
- Baggage was damaged and could not be repaired.
- A 75 year old female experienced gastric problems during trip.
- Bags delayed 2 days, client purchased personal items.
- Bags delayed more than 12 hours, client purchased personal items.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
- A 73 year old female fell on tour bus injuring knee – Travel Insurance paid for emergency assistance, trip delay, trip interruption and medical expenses.
Please call toll-free 1-866-835-4839 and reference Product Number 007715 P1 11/11
Representatives are available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DON’T FORGET TO PROTECT YOUR TRAVEL INVESTMENT!
(currently only available to North American residents)
TRIP COST TRIP CANCELLATION & INTERRUPTION
Trip Cancellation and Interruption pays for forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits if due to:
- Unforeseeable sickness, injury or death of Insured, a traveling companion or family member
- Unforeseeable circumstances such as , weather, or involvement in or delay due to a traffic accident, and/or public transportation strike
- In certain circumstances loss of job prior to travel.
Reasons not covered:
- Carrier caused delays such as mechanical difficulties (covered under Travel Delay)
- Travel arrangements cancelled by the tour operator, airline or cruise line.
- Change in plans ("I just don’t want to go").
- Normal pregnancy or childbirth.
- Financial circumstances ("I can’t afford to go").
- Business or contractual obligations ("My boss changed my vacation").
- Any government regulation or prohibition, war, civil disorder, nuclear reaction or contamination.
TRIP DELAY — 12 hours or more,
Pays up to $150 a day for additional reasonable expeditures:
- Carrier delay such as mechanical difficulties or weather.
- Lost passport, traveler’s checks or travel documents. Natural disasters.
- Injury or sickness of Insured or traveling companion
Pay up to $500.
BAGGAGE & PERSONAL EFFECTS
- Covers loss due to unauthorized use of credit cards if Insured has complied with credit card conditions.
- Pays for loss, theft etc of personal effects.
- Pays for the purchase of essential items if your bags are delayed for more than 24 hours. Up to $250.
$50,000 MEDICAL EXPENSE
- Coordination of benefits (co-insurance, deductibles)
- No daily limits or deductibles.
- Pays for emergency dental expenses while on your trip
$500,000 EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
- Evacuation to nearest medical facility.
- Up to $5,000 for medical escort.
- Transportation of remains upon death.
$25,000 ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT
- Covers death and loss of limb or eyesight within 180 days of accident.
$25,000 PRIMARY COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (Optional Coverage)
- Collision and comprehensive coverage for any damage that the car rental contract holds the insured responsible for.
- Primary Coverage; No deductibles
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION EXCLUSIONS
Insurer will not pay for loss or expense incurred as the result of Injury or Sickness of an Insured or Family member which manifests itself during the 60 days immediately preceding and including the Effective Date, unless the condition is controlled through the taking of prescription drugs or medication and remains controlled throughout the 60 day period. A sickness has manifested itself when (a) medical care or treatment has been given, or (b) there exist symptoms which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek diagnoses, care or treatment.
WORLDWIDE TRAVEL ASSISTANCE
Assistance with lost documents; lost baggage search; ATM locator; urgent message relay etc.
TRAVEL MEDICAL ASSISTANCE – This is a service benefit.
- Medical payment arrangements.
- Telephone interpretation services in major languages.
- Replacement of lost passport and other incidentals as may be required.
- Assistance to locate local physicians, dentists or medical facilities.
- Professionals will monitor your condition and contact your personal physician.
- Evacuation to a hospital, treatment facility or back home.
- 24-hour emergency hotline.
ends on the earlier of: (a) the date the trip is completed; (b) the
scheduled Trip Completion Date; (c) the Insured’s arrival at the
Return Destination on a round trip, or the destination on a one-way
trip; (d) cancellation of the trip covered by the policy. The policy
goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on the day of the postmark, telephone
purchase or fax transmission date to TRAVEL GUARD or Eggypt Magic.
Once purchased, insurance coverage is not cancelable. We reserve the
right to reject application.
LIVETRAVEL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
Emergency rebooking assistance.